Friday, May 14, 2010

Dealing with Mastitis and Other Yeast Infections

If you've ever had to deal with Mastitis in your life I feel your pain! Since I had the pleasure of having chronic Mastitis I have some experience with it! I have heard horror stories from moms that got Mastitis and had doctors that wouldn't give them antibiotics, thankfully my doctor wasn't so mean. But, I didn't want to live on antibiotics the whole time I was breastfeeding, so I did some research and discovered that mastitis is a yeast infection and cranberry juice regulates the natural yeast in your body. So I started chugging cranberry juice every time I felt mastitis starting. It worked!! Then I got smart and talked to my doctor about taking a cranberry fruit supplement. He OK'd it and that solved my problem! So now when I feel an infection coming on I just take one or two cranberry fruit pills and it goes away with out ever becoming an infection! It also works for any kind of yeast infection ie. bladder infection.

*Always check with your doctor before using any supplements, especially if your taking other medications.

No comments: